Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Berlin Blog 3

Well at the end of today, all I can say is, I'm tired.  Lots of "new" to deal with.  New country, new city, new neighborhood, new bed, new language, new people, new routine (and I'm not as young as I used to be) :) 

not only that, but realized in talking with Pascal that the idea I came up with and made sketches of (see earlier post) won't work in the space, the way it functions during a big event.  So, I'm going to have to redesign it to leave the middle mostly empty.  Every constraint is an opportunity and I  like the idea of the piece progressively getting more dense as it moves towards the ends of the corridor, which is the idea that came to me after switching ideas.

If you didn't catch the earlier posts, the cube sculptures arrived today.  The box of cords was located and a fun surprise, they found glow in the dark orange rope, which is the first time I've heard of it.  I'm excited to give it a try.

The painters painted a third of the hallway and will finish tomorrow. 

Daniel Becker, the designer of the lamp that is now in the corridor, but which comes down tomorrow, was here and we had a good talk.  He is also doing custom tiling for the several wood burning stoves they have been installing here for the last couple of days, and which come in handy with the cold.  The smell of a wood burning fire is also one of life's great pleasures too.

With the wood stoves and the two feather quilts I had, I was waaay too hot last night.

Weather-wise, it was sunny if not a bit colder today... but MUCH prettier and less depressing than yesterday.

I will start actually installation tomorrow. 

btw, if you are following the blog, leave a comment and let me know who you are...
thanks...  Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment